10 REASONS I BECAME A
PERSONAL TRAINER & WEIGHT LOSS COACH
If someone had told me a few years ago that I would be going into 2020 as a qualified personal trainer and weight loss coach I probably would have laughed at them.
I mean, look at some of my old photos, do I really look like a typical personal trainer? Some people would argue that I don’t look like a personal trainer now but hey, that’s something to talk about at a later date.
First, let me take you on a journey through time. I’m not going to take you back too far, maybe a year or so…
I was morbidly obese and I absolutely hated the gym. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, with a binge eating disorder, every day was a cheat day and the only exercise I got was taking the dog for a walk.
Sometimes I am completely amazed at the transformation I have achieved but I guess a lot can change in a year.
After almost being diagnosed with diabetes, I finally realised that all wasn’t as rosy as it seemed and I needed to take action. That’s when I decided to start my own fitness journey.
I did so much research about the best ways to lose weight because I’d tried so many things that just hadn’t worked for me in the past and I finally found the right balance for me. My love for health, fitness and general well-being grew as a result.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s still hard work and there are days where I would rather do anything other than go to the gym but the sense of achievement and the enjoyment it brings me once I am there makes it worth it.
SO HERE ARE THE 10 REASONS I BECAME A PERSONAL TRAINER...
- After struggling with my health and fitness for so long, I realised that it is all about finding what works for you as an individual. I wanted to use my experiences to inspire others and help them avoid some of the mistakes that I made.
- I am able to gain more knowledge about something that I am extremely passionate about. Knowledge that I can then pass on to you.
- I have the chance to have a positive impact on someone else’s life and make my years of bad decisions mean something. My focus is to help you build the best version of yourself that you can in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
- I love being my own boss – I always have and to be honest, I think I always will.
- Being a personal trainer and weight loss coach is really rewarding and there are so many possibilities when it comes to how the qualification can be used.
- I get to work with amazing people and I also have plenty of opportunity to concentrate on my own health and fitness so I get a really good balance between work and life.
- I get to do something that I am passionate about every single day.
- Every day is completely different because each client has different goals so each session is unique in order for the client to get results.
- I can work anywhere. Some days I can be working with clients in the gym, other days I could be working with them in their home and at times I get to work outdoors in the beautiful countryside too.
- I get to wear really comfortable clothes for work – seriously, wouldn’t you love to wear yoga pants, joggers or shorts and t-shirt to work every day?
I have learnt so much over the last 12 to 18 months and even though being a personal trainer is bloody hard, it is also one of the best things I have ever done (second to marrying my best friend). Looking back at how much I have grown during this time is amazing and I just wish that I had realised how to make these changes earlier.